The Finance Committee shall consist of five Supervisors appointed by the County Board Chair and confirmed by the County Board for a two-year term or until a successor is appointed and confirmed.
The powers, duties, and responsibilities of the Finance Committee shall be as follows:
- Pursuant to Wisconsin Statute §59.52(12)(a) the committee shall examine and settle all accounts of the County, and all claims and demands against the County that do not exceed $5,000 and cause to be issued orders therefor.
- The Committee shall facilitate the efforts of the County Administrator in the development and submission of the annual County budget with the County Administrator and submit it to the County Board at the annual meeting. Revenues and expenditures proposed by the several committees and departments of County government shall be considered in the preparation of this budget.
- The Finance Committee is hereby authorized, pursuant to § 65.90(5)(b), Wis. Stats., to transfer funds between budgeted items of an individual County office or department, if such budgeted items have been separately appropriated. The County Administrator is hereby authorized to approve the transfer of funds between budgeted items of an individual County office or department, if such budgeted items have been separately appropriated and are in an aggregate amount of $500 or less. Transfers from the contingency fund shall be processed and approved in the same manner as any budgeted amendment pursuant to Wis. Stat. §69.90(5)(a).
- The Committee shall examine and investigate all requests for County borrowing and submit its recommendations thereon to the County Board at its meeting next following the completion of said investigation.
- The Committee shall direct all office procedures of the County Treasurer, and secure compliance with recommendations made by the State Department of Audit in relation thereto, and shall supervise the investment of all County funds not needed for immediate operation of the County and shall direct the Treasurer with regard to such investments.
- The Committee shall have the authority to designate a representative to monitor and give input to the Personnel Committee during negotiations with labor unions and groups of professional employees.
- The Committee shall perform duties relating to illegal assessments and tax deed lands in accordance with Wisconsin Statutes and County ordinances.
- In the absence of the County Administrator, the Finance Committee may approve payment of vouchers and/or claims from any committee or department to ensure timely payment of bills.
- The Finance Committee shall be the oversight committee of the Economic Development Corporation.
As relates to the Green Lake County Economic Development Corporation, the Chairperson of the Finance Committee or his/her designee from the Finance Committee shall also serve on the Board of Directors of the Corporation, per Resolution No. 11-90.
The Finance Committee shall consist of five (5) Supervisors appointed by the County Board Chair and confirmed by the County Board for a two-year term or until a successor is appointed and confirmed.
Two (2) Year
Fourth Wednesday of each month. County Board Room, Government Center, 571 County Road A, Green Lake WI 54941
For the exact date/time and location of meetings, please refer to the calendar of events.
More information can be found in Ordinance 11-2018 regarding the Finance Committee.